March was great and all but I am so excited for April! April means SPRING BREAK, which we are currently on and it’s so nice. We’re not doing anything crazy, it’s just nice to have a few less obligations for a week. This year has been off to a pretty good start. Can’t really complain and I’m b using tail to get stuff done as much as I can. Here’s what I found last month that I’m loving!
March is under way but spring has decided it’s just not quite ready to sprout. I know we’re not the only ones experiencing these ups and downs but, my goodness, the rain! I saw someone refer to Atlanta as “New Seattle” the other day and I couldn’t agree more. We’ve actually had more rain than they have this year. What?! Needless today I’m soaking up every minute of sunshine that decides to come out these days! Here’s what I’ve been into lately that I want to share with you!
- The Road Back To You – This is the book that most people who love talking enneagram recommend. I’m here to do the exact same thing! It was so interesting to read about every type and think of someone I know that either is that number or I think might be. It explains people’s personalities almost to a tee (I mean, everyone is different but this was scary accurate!). It’s definitely worth a skim through at the very least.
- Grown Up Faith – Yup….I read two books! This one is near and dear to my heart because it was written by my church’s senior pastor, Kevin Myers. This book really dives into hard questions that we all ask and how the bible has already answered them. I highly recommend this one for anyone who has big questions that they feel have never been answered before.
- Big Lots – Before last month, I barely ever went into this store. I didn’t really think it had much of what I was looking for. Boy, was I wrong! One of my recent trips included getting that round hanging shelf from the picture above. They have really stepped up their decor game and we even purchased our new basement couch from there! It’s definitely worth a peek if you pass by one.
- Water Beads – I had seen these on a blogger’s Instagram stories and bought some but, before they came, Ro got to play with some at a birthday party. He was glued to that activity for a good 30 minutes. They are so much fun and a great sensory activity! This also makes for a great indoor activity if you’re experiencing the amount of rain that we are.
- Target Optical – I recently switched to Target Optical for my eye exams and was pleasantly surprised! Be sure to always check reviews online, but the one I went to had the best reviews out of all optometrists in our area for our insurance. My new glasses are from there and I want to wear them all the time! Which is good, I suppose, since I NEED them. #blindasabat
What are you loving from last month?
One whole year of favorite lists! That’s crazy! I’m so happy I started doing these because it really helps me to reflect back on the month and what I enjoyed. It almost works like a gratitude list that I can share with you so that you can enjoy it too. So here is what I’m digging from last month!
- Girl Wash Your Face – Would it really be a favorites list if I didn’t include a book? No…I don’t think it would. I read this book in about three days. That might not seem like short amount of time for many bookish people, but when you have two kids and fall asleep as soon as you’re a paragraph in, it’s a HUGE deal. I devoured this book and it’s full of good nuggets that have really stuck with me. While it is written by a Christian author, it’s not solely geared toward Christians. It’s very much an every woman’s book.
- Sacred Holidays – Yep…another book. But there’s a catch, I’ve barely read any of this book and I’m already recommending it. Why? Because it’s a read as you go type of book. Sure, you could read through it if you wanted to but it’s not meant for that. This book was meant to be a guide and tool kit for making any holiday more special and meaningful for your family. It is also a great resource for including more faith in your holidays. The tag line for this book is “Less Chaos, More Jesus”. Yeah, I can get on board with that!
- Witch Hazel – I’m probably late to the witch hazel bandwagon but it’s awesome. I’ve used it in a DIY linen spray with essential oils and I use it as a natural toner after I wash my face. It’s super cheap and all natural. No harsh chemicals on my face and no burden on my wallet.
- Kemps Chocolate Caramel Brownie Froyo – Did you read all that?! Just reading it makes my mouth water! This is the treat I bought myself for my birthday. So if you happened to see my Instagram post that day, this is what was in the bowl!
- Kingfolk Co. – A bracelet from Kingfolk Co. was pretty much the only thing on my wishlist this Christmas for hubby. He totally pulled through and got me the exact one I wanted. I love how easy it is to put on, magnetic, and it’s simple design. It goes with EVERYTHING and has one of my favorite verses on it that serves as a wonderful reminder.
What have you been into lately?
I love love love the new year! I get so excited about the prospect of new goals, positive outlooks, and general NEWNESS of it all. It’s that awesome clean slate feeling that doesn’t come around all that often. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m an enneagram 3 (“The Achiever”) and all the new goals/projects/task/etc lay ahead. Speaking of, I didn’t QUITE make it to my 2018 goal of 20 books. (Yes, my achiever self hates it.) But, hey, I got pretty darn close and red more than I have since Gav was born! (Pic above doesn’t show all of them!) Anyway, I’m pumped. But before I get into all that, let’s recap this last month of the year!
It’s December 6th and I’m finally getting around to sharing my monthly favorites for last month. This first week of December has been a doozy for us. Our little family of four is 75% out with the flu. I’m the 25% that has survived so far, so I’m downing all the elderberry I can and trying to get everyone back to healthy. Tis the season though, right?
*This post may contain affiliate links.
I sat down just the other day to get back to brainstorming some blog content when I realized it was November. October was an insanely busy month and I think I finally caught up mentally. There was a wedding every weekend (#allthechalkboards), a few orders, a couple Instagram campaigns, fall break, and my best friend had a baby. Oh! And let’s not forget Trunk-or-Treat and Halloween! November, let’s slow down just a bit. Kthanks!
1. Thieves Household Cleaner – This stuff is amazing. If you’ve jumped on the oil bandwagon like I have, then you have more than likely heard of this. I’ve been using oils for almost a year but have just started using the cleaner. I am loving it! I love that I can clean anywhere in my house and not have to worry about toxins. It’s natural and smells so good too!
2. World Market – I am obsessed with World Market these days. If you watch my Insta stories, I was raving about them just last week. The Christmas selection is unreal and, maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but I’m all about everything in that store!
3. Risen Motherhood Podcast – Such positive and uplifting advice, truth, and wisdom coming from these two sisters-in-law. I look forward to days when I can just binge listen (that’s a thing right?) to a few episodes while I do laundry or catch up in the office.
4. Portrait Mode – We just switched to the iPhone X and it has what I have been drooling over for months now. PORTRAIT MODE! I’m all about it. It’s amazing what they can do with technology and the quality of pictures our phones can take these days.
5. Chuck E. Cheese – Yes, that’s literally on my favorites list. It gets such a bad rep but Gav and I went over our fall break and had a blast. I have a few pieces of advice to make the most out of your experience:
- Look for coupons.
- If you have kids older than 4, opt for time, not tokens. 100 minutes of play goes WAY further than 100 tokens when your kiddo jumps from game to game like mine did.
- Get there early.
What did you find in the month of October that you’re loving?
September was a blur. I think I had so much on my plate that I went from one week to the next just trying to hit all the deadlines. Luckily, I made them all and now here we are in October. This is sure to be another jam packed month. I’m booked every weekend with wedding chalkboards and then orders in between all that. (Yay orders!) Be on the lookout for ornaments to pop up in THE SHOP very soon and there may even be a new design or two in the works.
Instead of the usual favorite list, I thought I would do a more fall festival addition and tell you about 5 of my favorite things from the Duluth Fall Festival last weekend. Duluth (the city in Georgia, not Minnesota) is what I consider my home town. I’ve been going to this festival for years, been in the parade numerous times, and it’s just one of the highlights of my year. So here’s what I found at this years festivities that rocked my socks off.
- Seasoned Fries – If you happened to watch my stories or ran into me at all this weekend, I probably told you about these fries. I so wish I knew what the place was called that sold them but all I know is that they better be back next year! They were $7 a basket and worth every penny.
- The Humble Hutch – This booth had the cutest gourd art. Very farmhouse meets folk art type of style. Some of the pieces were just incredible, like these amazing llamas. I went for one of the penguin ornaments and plan to hand letter on the back to commemorate the year.
- Offerings / Diffuser Jewelry – Loved this booth! The simple jewelry is perfect to compliment any outfit and all of the beads can diffuse the oils. I walked away with a necklace AND a pair of earrings that are so cool.
- Simply Fragrant Home – I was praying that this booth would be back this year and I was so relieved when I saw they were. I’ve been wearing their magnolia perfume oil for the last year and it is so good. I ran out though the day before the festival. I was using it very sparingly so that it would last. I had lost their business card months ago and was just hoping they’d be back so I could buy it in bulk! They have great scents and blends for diffusing and personal use.
- Pure Taqueria – This is actually a restaurant that sits on the main corner of the historic downtown area where the festival is held. Why am I mentioning them? THE BEST margarita I’ve ever had! They were outside the restaurant and serving tacos and margaritas as a booth if you didn’t want to take the time to go in and sit down. It was glorious! If you’re local, Pure Taqueria is where the margaritas are at.
Have you been to any festivals yet this season? I wish I could go to every single one but my bank account screams otherwise. It’s one of my favorite parts of the season and it’s a great way to support local businesses and artists.
Another month has gone by and we’re now in one of my absolute favorite months of the year. I love September for many reason like fall, Ro’s birthday, and the start of festival season! But before I get ahead of myself, let’s take a look back at August.
I’m so sad to report that I don’t have a book to recommend this month! Time got away from me and I didn’t finish a book this month. UGH….oh well, I’m close to finishing my recent one and plan to use my free time (aka Ro is starting preschool!) for more reading.
- My Cricut Machine – Legit in full on obsession mode with this thing. I can’t wait to show you all of the fun things I’ve made for Ro’s party. You can see some of them in THIS Insta post but I’ve gone off the deep end and I’m not comin’ back!
- Bento Boxes – I’ve always wanted one for Gav and when I got the opportunity to review Stuck On You’s bentos I was so excited. Both boys have one now and it’s made making lunches so easy! You can find the full review HERE.
- Distressed Wood Panels – Last month we completely overhauled our master bedroom (have no fear, bedroom post is in the works!). I wanted to do a shiplap wall because we love the farmhouse style. #basic But anyway…my husband found THESE and we new they would be perfect. Just enough distress to still look great and to satisfy hubby’s preference for a more rustic look. Bonus points because we didn’t have to do any painting!
- Paperless Post – I may never go back to regular stationary. This is the perfect solution for our digital society. My full review can be found HERE. I can’t wait to use them again for my bestie’s baby shower.
- Plant Therapy Kids’ Roll Ons – We are loving these roll ons! I’m a big fan of oils and aroma therapy so I was definitely game to try these pre-diluted Kid Safe ones. I think that my favorite right now is The Calming Child that I use on Ro. I’m not saying that he has zero tantrums now and is the perfect angel child, but there is a noticeable difference in his everyday demeanor.
What fun finds did you discover last month?
*This post contains affiliate links.*
So we may be a week and a half into the month of August, but I still have time to share my July faves! With school starting back, I feel like the summer snowballed to an end and all of a sudden we’re here. One of the biggest (both literally and figuratively) things from last month was that giant wall quote I had the opportunity to draw at my mom’s school. The shop has been doing pretty well lately and I’m excited to see where this might take it. Well, whether you’re still enjoying another week or two of break or your kiddos are back to school grind, here are some of my favorite things from July that you can totally enjoy too.
- Before Ever After – This was such an interesting read. I feel like I can’t say too much without giving the main plot point away but let’s just say that it was a wonderful love story (not usually my favorite) dripping with world travel.
- White Fireplaces – In case you missed it, we painted our outdated fireplace and the transformation is so satisfying!
- Bullet Journaling – I’ve been pinning ideas on Pinterest like a mad woman for awhile but never bit the bullet (pun totally intended) on getting the actual journal. I make a ton of mistakes and a bound journal doesn’t always hold up when you rip pages out of it. Then I came across THIS PAPER that fits perfectly in my mini binder that I haven’t used in forever. So much fun doing different trackers and filling them in.
- THIS DEVOTIONAL – I finished this one up and it’s so inspirational as a handmade shop owner/creative. If you’re a felling creative, I HIGHLY recommend this for focusing on connecting with God in your artistic/business endeavors.
- Chia Seed Pudding – There are pretty much 5,673,8234 recipes floating around Pinterest for this stuff. Any flavor you can think of is out there. My main obsession with it though is that it’s Whole 30 compliant. If you followed my Instagram stories last month, I did a less extensive story journal of my second round. I’ve made it with date honey but compliant sweeteners are frowned upon. However, I found that the very basic recipe (2 Tbsp Chia Seeds, 1/2 Cup Almond Milk, and Cinnamon) was plenty tasty and filling. If you like overnight oats, this is definitely worth a try!
What did you find last month that you’re loving!
*This post contains affiliate links.*
Hey there…Long time no blog! It was a busy month for me but a good one. I was, very thankfully, swamped with orders and travel but I’m back and ready to dive onto my keyboard. First things first though…it’s July and that means it’s time to recap what I loved from June.
1. The Sugar Queen – Of course I’m starting off with a book! I may not be the fastest reader, aka I fall asleep a lot, but I’m determined to reach my book goal this year of 20. Speaking of reading fast though, I blazed through this one. I’m not even really sure why but there was something that drew me into the story and I finished it in two days. Could’ve been one but, you know, mom duties call! I highly recommend this book as a quick read and a delightful story.
2. Highwaisted Swimsuits – I’m so in love with this trend! As someone who prefers to be a little more modest in dressing (mainly due to insecurities but whatcha gonna do…) these suits are my jam! There are so many out there and they are super cute. I got THIS ONE from Amazon but it’s also sold by Cupshe. (You can see it on me HERE.) You know, that brand that pops up in your Facebook feed that doesn’t seem legit but I’m here to tell you it is because I’ve ordered straight from them before with great success.
3. MOD Pizza – You make your own pizza, all the toppings you want with no extra charges for being extra, delicious gluten free option. That is all!
4. Lavender Coffee – When I hear something has lavender in it, I HAVE to try it. My bestie and I met up at a wonderful coffee shop in Roswell, GA (shoutout to Crazy Love Coffeehouse!) and they were featuring their summer iced lavender latte. I have to find a way to make this at home!
5. Ziplining – I know that I’m completely late on this train but it’s so fun! And more than zip lining, I love treetop obstacle courses. I was able to experience this on my trip to visit my aunt in Virginia. The Virginia aquarium in Virginia Beach has a great climbing park and I loved every minute of it. I’m determined to find something like it here in GA. If you happen to be local to VB, check out The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium.
How was your June? What were your faves?