Each year, like many, I chose a word to focus on that will help me grow. Grow spiritually, mentally, and so on. I pray about it before I choose it and sometimes I’ve even had a verse that accompanied it. This year came about a little differently. As I was praying, I kept “hearing” the same word. I kept thinking, “Yeah ok, but let’s think of some other words. That one is weird.” I’m sure God laughed a little at that and then kept giving me only the one word, one little word. SAVOR.Continue reading
I love love love the new year! I get so excited about the prospect of new goals, positive outlooks, and general NEWNESS of it all. It’s that awesome clean slate feeling that doesn’t come around all that often. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m an enneagram 3 (“The Achiever”) and all the new goals/projects/task/etc lay ahead. Speaking of, I didn’t QUITE make it to my 2018 goal of 20 books. (Yes, my achiever self hates it.) But, hey, I got pretty darn close and red more than I have since Gav was born! (Pic above doesn’t show all of them!) Anyway, I’m pumped. But before I get into all that, let’s recap this last month of the year!Continue reading
It’s December 6th and I’m finally getting around to sharing my monthly favorites for last month. This first week of December has been a doozy for us. Our little family of four is 75% out with the flu. I’m the 25% that has survived so far, so I’m downing all the elderberry I can and trying to get everyone back to healthy. Tis the season though, right?Continue reading
Oh….Hey there! It’s me, and I’m back for a little bit. It’s been so long since I’ve sat down to type. Sometimes blogging breaks are good, sometimes they’re necessary, and sometimes they just happen without you even realizing it. So let’s catch up for a second…Continue reading
*This post may contain affiliate links.
I sat down just the other day to get back to brainstorming some blog content when I realized it was November. October was an insanely busy month and I think I finally caught up mentally. There was a wedding every weekend (#allthechalkboards), a few orders, a couple Instagram campaigns, fall break, and my best friend had a baby. Oh! And let’s not forget Trunk-or-Treat and Halloween! November, let’s slow down just a bit. Kthanks!
1. Thieves Household Cleaner – This stuff is amazing. If you’ve jumped on the oil bandwagon like I have, then you have more than likely heard of this. I’ve been using oils for almost a year but have just started using the cleaner. I am loving it! I love that I can clean anywhere in my house and not have to worry about toxins. It’s natural and smells so good too!
2. World Market – I am obsessed with World Market these days. If you watch my Insta stories, I was raving about them just last week. The Christmas selection is unreal and, maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but I’m all about everything in that store!
3. Risen Motherhood Podcast – Such positive and uplifting advice, truth, and wisdom coming from these two sisters-in-law. I look forward to days when I can just binge listen (that’s a thing right?) to a few episodes while I do laundry or catch up in the office.
4. Portrait Mode – We just switched to the iPhone X and it has what I have been drooling over for months now. PORTRAIT MODE! I’m all about it. It’s amazing what they can do with technology and the quality of pictures our phones can take these days.
5. Chuck E. Cheese – Yes, that’s literally on my favorites list. It gets such a bad rep but Gav and I went over our fall break and had a blast. I have a few pieces of advice to make the most out of your experience:
- Look for coupons.
- If you have kids older than 4, opt for time, not tokens. 100 minutes of play goes WAY further than 100 tokens when your kiddo jumps from game to game like mine did.
- Get there early.
What did you find in the month of October that you’re loving?
Motherhood is a strange and amazing thing. I’m sure no one will deny that. It’s scary, awe inspiring, frustrating, rewarding, elating, on and on and on. From one extreme to the next and it has phases. There’s the newborn phase, toddler phase, mom of more than one young child phase, but now I feel I’ve entered into yet another new phase of motherhood. A more self sufficient phase, if you will.
I am thrilled to be sharing our new and improved master bedroom! It was a labor of love and my husband and I are pretty proud of how it turned out. It can be a challenge when it comes to decorating for both of our tastes. I lean more toward the bright, paint all the things white, style and my husband likes a darker, more rustic aesthetic. One thing we DO agree on though, is the farmhouse style. So we had to strike a balance between farmhouse chic and rustic country. Here’s how it turned out…Continue reading
September was a blur. I think I had so much on my plate that I went from one week to the next just trying to hit all the deadlines. Luckily, I made them all and now here we are in October. This is sure to be another jam packed month. I’m booked every weekend with wedding chalkboards and then orders in between all that. (Yay orders!) Be on the lookout for ornaments to pop up in THE SHOP very soon and there may even be a new design or two in the works.
Instead of the usual favorite list, I thought I would do a more fall festival addition and tell you about 5 of my favorite things from the Duluth Fall Festival last weekend. Duluth (the city in Georgia, not Minnesota) is what I consider my home town. I’ve been going to this festival for years, been in the parade numerous times, and it’s just one of the highlights of my year. So here’s what I found at this years festivities that rocked my socks off.
- Seasoned Fries – If you happened to watch my stories or ran into me at all this weekend, I probably told you about these fries. I so wish I knew what the place was called that sold them but all I know is that they better be back next year! They were $7 a basket and worth every penny.
- The Humble Hutch – This booth had the cutest gourd art. Very farmhouse meets folk art type of style. Some of the pieces were just incredible, like these amazing llamas. I went for one of the penguin ornaments and plan to hand letter on the back to commemorate the year.
- Offerings / Diffuser Jewelry – Loved this booth! The simple jewelry is perfect to compliment any outfit and all of the beads can diffuse the oils. I walked away with a necklace AND a pair of earrings that are so cool.
- Simply Fragrant Home – I was praying that this booth would be back this year and I was so relieved when I saw they were. I’ve been wearing their magnolia perfume oil for the last year and it is so good. I ran out though the day before the festival. I was using it very sparingly so that it would last. I had lost their business card months ago and was just hoping they’d be back so I could buy it in bulk! They have great scents and blends for diffusing and personal use.
- Pure Taqueria – This is actually a restaurant that sits on the main corner of the historic downtown area where the festival is held. Why am I mentioning them? THE BEST margarita I’ve ever had! They were outside the restaurant and serving tacos and margaritas as a booth if you didn’t want to take the time to go in and sit down. It was glorious! If you’re local, Pure Taqueria is where the margaritas are at.
Have you been to any festivals yet this season? I wish I could go to every single one but my bank account screams otherwise. It’s one of my favorite parts of the season and it’s a great way to support local businesses and artists.
For the past few birthday parties, I’ve been the one that made the cake. I enjoy it and it’s fun to me! I love being able to completely customize the cake and be as extra as possible. However, this year I ran into a small, well, a big problem. I guest list was seeming to be a little large and I wasn’t sure that I would be able to make a large enough to accommodate. I was going to have to go with a store bought sheet cake but how would it look? Time to use my imagination and get to work doctoring the giant chocolate confection from Costco.Continue reading
This party was so much fun to plan for a few reasons. One, this year I went with something Ro is really interested in. I didn’t ask him what he wanted for is birthday, but I knew this would be a hit since he was asking to watch the movie at least once a day. Two, it’s my husband’s favorite movie and he was actually really excited whenever I would show him things for the party. And three, I’m now the proud owner of a Cricut! So with my fancy new machine, the movie constantly playing in the background, and a little “pure imagination”, I got to work planning a Wonka-tastic birthday party.Continue reading