If you know me at all, you know I have a deep love of unicorns. If you know me well, you know I love my essential oils. Naturally, when my BFF told me she had seen something called a unicorn blend and gifted me a fabulous roller bottle, I had to look it up. There are MANY different varies of a “unicorn” blend. Everyone’s tastes are different and different oils may not be as effective for you as others.
When it comes to doing my own hair, the easier the better. Also, the faster the better and the less maintenance the better. I know all my mama folks are shouting some amens right now! I prefer that my hair looks good too, but ease and speed are the two selling points for me most of the time. Once I started doing this new style, and getting compliments I might add, I knew I had found a winner! It works best with unwashed hair, so there’s another tic in the pro column!
March is under way but spring has decided it’s just not quite ready to sprout. I know we’re not the only ones experiencing these ups and downs but, my goodness, the rain! I saw someone refer to Atlanta as “New Seattle” the other day and I couldn’t agree more. We’ve actually had more rain than they have this year. What?! Needless today I’m soaking up every minute of sunshine that decides to come out these days! Here’s what I’ve been into lately that I want to share with you!
- The Road Back To You – This is the book that most people who love talking enneagram recommend. I’m here to do the exact same thing! It was so interesting to read about every type and think of someone I know that either is that number or I think might be. It explains people’s personalities almost to a tee (I mean, everyone is different but this was scary accurate!). It’s definitely worth a skim through at the very least.
- Grown Up Faith – Yup….I read two books! This one is near and dear to my heart because it was written by my church’s senior pastor, Kevin Myers. This book really dives into hard questions that we all ask and how the bible has already answered them. I highly recommend this one for anyone who has big questions that they feel have never been answered before.
- Big Lots – Before last month, I barely ever went into this store. I didn’t really think it had much of what I was looking for. Boy, was I wrong! One of my recent trips included getting that round hanging shelf from the picture above. They have really stepped up their decor game and we even purchased our new basement couch from there! It’s definitely worth a peek if you pass by one.
- Water Beads – I had seen these on a blogger’s Instagram stories and bought some but, before they came, Ro got to play with some at a birthday party. He was glued to that activity for a good 30 minutes. They are so much fun and a great sensory activity! This also makes for a great indoor activity if you’re experiencing the amount of rain that we are.
- Target Optical – I recently switched to Target Optical for my eye exams and was pleasantly surprised! Be sure to always check reviews online, but the one I went to had the best reviews out of all optometrists in our area for our insurance. My new glasses are from there and I want to wear them all the time! Which is good, I suppose, since I NEED them. #blindasabat
What are you loving from last month?
There are so many different ways to organize. Just do a quick google search/Pinterest search and you’ll get everything from Marie Kondo to just burn the house down! Sometimes the latter sounds way easier than going through anything. BUT that’s a felony so…don’t do that. I do have one tip that helps me calm clutter in one simple step. And if you’re a parent, you know that clutter happens just about anywhere and EVERYWHERE.
I’m so excited to finally get to share these pointers with you. I had this post planned months ago but then my nails became a disaster. I’ll get to that in a bit, but I ended up needing to put my tips into practice again. It was really helpful to go through rebuilding my nail health so truly test out my tips. I’m happy to report that THEY WORK!
One whole year of favorite lists! That’s crazy! I’m so happy I started doing these because it really helps me to reflect back on the month and what I enjoyed. It almost works like a gratitude list that I can share with you so that you can enjoy it too. So here is what I’m digging from last month!
- Girl Wash Your Face – Would it really be a favorites list if I didn’t include a book? No…I don’t think it would. I read this book in about three days. That might not seem like short amount of time for many bookish people, but when you have two kids and fall asleep as soon as you’re a paragraph in, it’s a HUGE deal. I devoured this book and it’s full of good nuggets that have really stuck with me. While it is written by a Christian author, it’s not solely geared toward Christians. It’s very much an every woman’s book.
- Sacred Holidays – Yep…another book. But there’s a catch, I’ve barely read any of this book and I’m already recommending it. Why? Because it’s a read as you go type of book. Sure, you could read through it if you wanted to but it’s not meant for that. This book was meant to be a guide and tool kit for making any holiday more special and meaningful for your family. It is also a great resource for including more faith in your holidays. The tag line for this book is “Less Chaos, More Jesus”. Yeah, I can get on board with that!
- Witch Hazel – I’m probably late to the witch hazel bandwagon but it’s awesome. I’ve used it in a DIY linen spray with essential oils and I use it as a natural toner after I wash my face. It’s super cheap and all natural. No harsh chemicals on my face and no burden on my wallet.
- Kemps Chocolate Caramel Brownie Froyo – Did you read all that?! Just reading it makes my mouth water! This is the treat I bought myself for my birthday. So if you happened to see my Instagram post that day, this is what was in the bowl!
- Kingfolk Co. – A bracelet from Kingfolk Co. was pretty much the only thing on my wishlist this Christmas for hubby. He totally pulled through and got me the exact one I wanted. I love how easy it is to put on, magnetic, and it’s simple design. It goes with EVERYTHING and has one of my favorite verses on it that serves as a wonderful reminder.
What have you been into lately?
When Gav was in preschool, I wanted to do all the Pinterest-y Valentine things for his class. Back then it was easy though, there were five kids in his class. Total. His class sizes have certainly grown in size now and I just felt like DIY was going to be too much. But I came up with some fun, simple, cost friendly Valentines that you can put together just as quickly as the store bought variety. Bonus points: They lend themselves to be candy free! Be sure to scroll all the way down for the free printable sheets!
Most people who know me know that I’m a bit of a Valentine’s Day scrooge. I’ve never been a fan of the day. Maybe it stems from my many years as a boyfriend-less teen, I don’t know. Whatever the reason, even when not single, it’s just never been my cup of tea. However, being a mom changes you ever so slightly and I enjoy holidays, even the super commercialized ones, for them. After hearing about (and buying) the book, Sacred Holidays, I thought I’d give this holiday a bit more of a shot.
In years past, I’ve been super excited to plan and throw some fun themed parties. If you’ve been here for a little while, then you may have seen one or two of them. Some of my favorites are Gav’s construction, Ro’s 2nd trip around the sun, and Ro’s Wonka party. This year was a little different.
It’s my birthday! Today I turn a whopping 33 years young. I’m one of those people that still gets excited about their birthday even though aging at this point in game isn’t as fun as it used to be. Something about it being my special day makes it just that, special. So today I thought I’d share with you some random facts about yours truly, 33 to be exact. I’m not going to lie, this was way hard than I thought it would be. Enjoy!