I love love love the new year! I get so excited about the prospect of new goals, positive outlooks, and general NEWNESS of it all. It’s that awesome clean slate feeling that doesn’t come around all that often. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m an enneagram 3 (“The Achiever”) and all the new goals/projects/task/etc lay ahead. Speaking of, I didn’t QUITE make it to my 2018 goal of 20 books. (Yes, my achiever self hates it.) But, hey, I got pretty darn close and red more than I have since Gav was born! (Pic above doesn’t show all of them!) Anyway, I’m pumped. But before I get into all that, let’s recap this last month of the year!
These have been some of my favorite posts this year and this month is no different. I hope you’ve enjoyed these as much as I have and I plan to continue and try to actively find new things to try and share with you! Happy new year, y’all!
- Paper Towns – I know that I am probably way late on the John Green game but I loved this book. I never actually got very far into his ultra famous Fault In Our Stars but this one gripped me. This could also be that I’m giving books a pretty decent chance these days so I stick with them a little longer. Whatever the reason, I recommend this one for an easy read with an element of mystery.
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer – Again, a little late on this train to but, girl, I’m on it! This is the best thing since sliced bread. I have relatively thick hair and it’s always taken me forever and a day to style it. Like, it was a commitment. However, after seeing so many of my other blogging friends out there raving about it, I put it on my Amazon wish list and waited patiently for Christmas. I kid you not, my hair went from towel dried to styled in 20 minutes! It’s a miracle worker for sure!
- Creamistry – If you’ve seen my Insta recently, you may have seen my post about my all time favorite ice cream. I know that the rolled cream places are all the rage right now but you need to find a place that makes there ice cream with liquid nitrogen. It is the creamiest, most delicious treat I’ve ever had! I will say that it is pricey, but well worth the splurge once in a blue moon.
- Zarbee’s Elderberry Gummies – I swear by these now and am about 99% convinced elderberry saved me from getting the flu. I was taking the syrup while the boys were both down for the count but switched over to these and I love them. Especially great for this time of year when all the crud is out and looking for a new person to infect. They have adult and children’s ones.
- #thegoodlistlog – I’ve been doing this for awhile now but finally remember to share it here. I want to make a conscious effort to do one of these a week. This hashtag was started by Valerie Keinsley and it’s such a great reminder to look for the good in each day even if it didn’t seem like a good one. And honestly, just scroll through the hashtag for some uplifting content!
And that’s a wrap on my favorite things for 2018! There’s a post each month so be sure to click the little tag that says monthly 5 favorites to check out other things I highly recommend.
What did you discover this past month that you’re loving?