*This post contains affiliate links.*
Even though the month isn’t technically over, May felt like a whirlwind! So much happens in May that we didn’t really have a chance to blink. Mother’s Day, hubby’s birthday, end of the year prep and parties, recital, on and on! So much going on but also an incredible amount to be grateful for too. Prime examples include my beautiful flowers from Mother’s Day and recital, a special trip to visit my brother and his family for my niece’s graduation, wedding season, celebrating a certain rising first grader, and summer break! Here are my favorite things from the past crazy month that I think you’ll enjoy as well.
- Food Freedom Forever – If you’ve been following along with me this month, you probably know that I’ve been doing my first ever Whole 30. I saw someone on Insta that was reading this, while also doing Whole 30, and I was immediately intrigued by the subtitle, “Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt, and Anxiety Around Food”. It’s written by the co-creator of the Whole 30 and it was eye opening for me. I’ve had a negative relationship with food for a good part of my life and this book, coupled with doing the program, has really helped my mindset around food. But more on that later, I just HIGHLY recommend this book. It’s not a page turner, it’s a book about dealing with your food issues, but Melissa Hartwig writes very well and adds in a bit of humor.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Game changer for my nails. It helps with hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints but I’m seeing the biggest difference in my nails. They are so much stronger and I’ve always had a problem with mine breaking or bending.
- La Croix (with extra lime) – I’m finally on the La Croix train. I’ve always hated it but maybe since all the junk has been out of my system, i’ve grown to like it. But it’s even better when I add the extra lime. One of my favorite cocktails has always been a vodka tonic with extra lime and this really resembles that taste…minus the alcohol bite of course!
- Ankle Weights – This probably sounds like a weird one to add but they’ve made a difference. My dad, aka my personal trainer, added these to his gym this month and also to our hip/leg workouts. It’s really helps with some hip pain that I’m used to (this dancer aint gettin’ any younger) and given me some extra tone.
- Milk Frother – This tiny little gadget is my new coffee buddy! Go figure just frothing my (whole 30 compliant) creamer before adding it to my coffee actually makes a difference in the taste. Thanks to all my IG/FB pals who suggested it!
What did you find or try this past month that you’re loving? Happy June!