There are so many different ways to organize. Just do a quick google search/Pinterest search and you’ll get everything from Marie Kondo to just burn the house down! Sometimes the latter sounds way easier than going through anything. BUT that’s a felony so…don’t do that. I do have one tip that helps me calm clutter in one simple step. And if you’re a parent, you know that clutter happens just about anywhere and EVERYWHERE.Continue reading
I’m so excited to finally get to share these pointers with you. I had this post planned months ago but then my nails became a disaster. I’ll get to that in a bit, but I ended up needing to put my tips into practice again. It was really helpful to go through rebuilding my nail health so truly test out my tips. I’m happy to report that THEY WORK!Continue reading
One whole year of favorite lists! That’s crazy! I’m so happy I started doing these because it really helps me to reflect back on the month and what I enjoyed. It almost works like a gratitude list that I can share with you so that you can enjoy it too. So here is what I’m digging from last month!
- Girl Wash Your Face – Would it really be a favorites list if I didn’t include a book? No…I don’t think it would. I read this book in about three days. That might not seem like short amount of time for many bookish people, but when you have two kids and fall asleep as soon as you’re a paragraph in, it’s a HUGE deal. I devoured this book and it’s full of good nuggets that have really stuck with me. While it is written by a Christian author, it’s not solely geared toward Christians. It’s very much an every woman’s book.
- Sacred Holidays – Yep…another book. But there’s a catch, I’ve barely read any of this book and I’m already recommending it. Why? Because it’s a read as you go type of book. Sure, you could read through it if you wanted to but it’s not meant for that. This book was meant to be a guide and tool kit for making any holiday more special and meaningful for your family. It is also a great resource for including more faith in your holidays. The tag line for this book is “Less Chaos, More Jesus”. Yeah, I can get on board with that!
- Witch Hazel – I’m probably late to the witch hazel bandwagon but it’s awesome. I’ve used it in a DIY linen spray with essential oils and I use it as a natural toner after I wash my face. It’s super cheap and all natural. No harsh chemicals on my face and no burden on my wallet.
- Kemps Chocolate Caramel Brownie Froyo – Did you read all that?! Just reading it makes my mouth water! This is the treat I bought myself for my birthday. So if you happened to see my Instagram post that day, this is what was in the bowl!
- Kingfolk Co. – A bracelet from Kingfolk Co. was pretty much the only thing on my wishlist this Christmas for hubby. He totally pulled through and got me the exact one I wanted. I love how easy it is to put on, magnetic, and it’s simple design. It goes with EVERYTHING and has one of my favorite verses on it that serves as a wonderful reminder.
What have you been into lately?
When Gav was in preschool, I wanted to do all the Pinterest-y Valentine things for his class. Back then it was easy though, there were five kids in his class. Total. His class sizes have certainly grown in size now and I just felt like DIY was going to be too much. But I came up with some fun, simple, cost friendly Valentines that you can put together just as quickly as the store bought variety. Bonus points: They lend themselves to be candy free! Be sure to scroll all the way down for the free printable sheets!Continue reading
Most people who know me know that I’m a bit of a Valentine’s Day scrooge. I’ve never been a fan of the day. Maybe it stems from my many years as a boyfriend-less teen, I don’t know. Whatever the reason, even when not single, it’s just never been my cup of tea. However, being a mom changes you ever so slightly and I enjoy holidays, even the super commercialized ones, for them. After hearing about (and buying) the book, Sacred Holidays, I thought I’d give this holiday a bit more of a shot.Continue reading
In years past, I’ve been super excited to plan and throw some fun themed parties. If you’ve been here for a little while, then you may have seen one or two of them. Some of my favorites are Gav’s construction, Ro’s 2nd trip around the sun, and Ro’s Wonka party. This year was a little different.Continue reading
It’s my birthday! Today I turn a whopping 33 years young. I’m one of those people that still gets excited about their birthday even though aging at this point in game isn’t as fun as it used to be. Something about it being my special day makes it just that, special. So today I thought I’d share with you some random facts about yours truly, 33 to be exact. I’m not going to lie, this was way hard than I thought it would be. Enjoy!Continue reading
I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am to everyone who shared or purchased something from my shop this past holiday season. You truly blessed me and my family and I loved seeing all of the pictures of you enjoying your goodies!Continue reading
First off, thank you to everyone for the awesome comments on my office tour. It’s a space I love and I’m so thrilled that you like it too! Sticking with this same space today, I wanted to share how I made over a plain, standard cork board into a fun little piece. This project takes pretty minimal effort and you get a pretty fab payout!Continue reading
I have been sitting on this project for months now and have finally gotten around to taking pictures. MY OFFICE. This has seriously been a labor of love as I’ve always wanted my own creative space. I had one when we moved into our house almost 5 years ago but it was just the built-in unit in our basement. And not to sound ungrateful or anything but it was the ugliest, yellow-y, varnished wood built-in unit. Sorry, original house builders of 1984! After a long process of redoing our basement, I got my dream space that is the girliest corner of my all boy house. Here’s how I ended up getting my special space.Continue reading