I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am to everyone who shared or purchased something from my shop this past holiday season. You truly blessed me and my family and I loved seeing all of the pictures of you enjoying your goodies!Continue reading
First off, thank you to everyone for the awesome comments on my office tour. It’s a space I love and I’m so thrilled that you like it too! Sticking with this same space today, I wanted to share how I made over a plain, standard cork board into a fun little piece. This project takes pretty minimal effort and you get a pretty fab payout!Continue reading
I have been sitting on this project for months now and have finally gotten around to taking pictures. MY OFFICE. This has seriously been a labor of love as I’ve always wanted my own creative space. I had one when we moved into our house almost 5 years ago but it was just the built-in unit in our basement. And not to sound ungrateful or anything but it was the ugliest, yellow-y, varnished wood built-in unit. Sorry, original house builders of 1984! After a long process of redoing our basement, I got my dream space that is the girliest corner of my all boy house. Here’s how I ended up getting my special space.Continue reading
Each year, like many, I chose a word to focus on that will help me grow. Grow spiritually, mentally, and so on. I pray about it before I choose it and sometimes I’ve even had a verse that accompanied it. This year came about a little differently. As I was praying, I kept “hearing” the same word. I kept thinking, “Yeah ok, but let’s think of some other words. That one is weird.” I’m sure God laughed a little at that and then kept giving me only the one word, one little word. SAVOR.Continue reading
I love love love the new year! I get so excited about the prospect of new goals, positive outlooks, and general NEWNESS of it all. It’s that awesome clean slate feeling that doesn’t come around all that often. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m an enneagram 3 (“The Achiever”) and all the new goals/projects/task/etc lay ahead. Speaking of, I didn’t QUITE make it to my 2018 goal of 20 books. (Yes, my achiever self hates it.) But, hey, I got pretty darn close and red more than I have since Gav was born! (Pic above doesn’t show all of them!) Anyway, I’m pumped. But before I get into all that, let’s recap this last month of the year!Continue reading
It’s December 6th and I’m finally getting around to sharing my monthly favorites for last month. This first week of December has been a doozy for us. Our little family of four is 75% out with the flu. I’m the 25% that has survived so far, so I’m downing all the elderberry I can and trying to get everyone back to healthy. Tis the season though, right?Continue reading
Oh….Hey there! It’s me, and I’m back for a little bit. It’s been so long since I’ve sat down to type. Sometimes blogging breaks are good, sometimes they’re necessary, and sometimes they just happen without you even realizing it. So let’s catch up for a second…Continue reading
*This post may contain affiliate links.
I sat down just the other day to get back to brainstorming some blog content when I realized it was November. October was an insanely busy month and I think I finally caught up mentally. There was a wedding every weekend (#allthechalkboards), a few orders, a couple Instagram campaigns, fall break, and my best friend had a baby. Oh! And let’s not forget Trunk-or-Treat and Halloween! November, let’s slow down just a bit. Kthanks!
1. Thieves Household Cleaner – This stuff is amazing. If you’ve jumped on the oil bandwagon like I have, then you have more than likely heard of this. I’ve been using oils for almost a year but have just started using the cleaner. I am loving it! I love that I can clean anywhere in my house and not have to worry about toxins. It’s natural and smells so good too!
2. World Market – I am obsessed with World Market these days. If you watch my Insta stories, I was raving about them just last week. The Christmas selection is unreal and, maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but I’m all about everything in that store!
3. Risen Motherhood Podcast – Such positive and uplifting advice, truth, and wisdom coming from these two sisters-in-law. I look forward to days when I can just binge listen (that’s a thing right?) to a few episodes while I do laundry or catch up in the office.
4. Portrait Mode – We just switched to the iPhone X and it has what I have been drooling over for months now. PORTRAIT MODE! I’m all about it. It’s amazing what they can do with technology and the quality of pictures our phones can take these days.
5. Chuck E. Cheese – Yes, that’s literally on my favorites list. It gets such a bad rep but Gav and I went over our fall break and had a blast. I have a few pieces of advice to make the most out of your experience:
- Look for coupons.
- If you have kids older than 4, opt for time, not tokens. 100 minutes of play goes WAY further than 100 tokens when your kiddo jumps from game to game like mine did.
- Get there early.
What did you find in the month of October that you’re loving?
Motherhood is a strange and amazing thing. I’m sure no one will deny that. It’s scary, awe inspiring, frustrating, rewarding, elating, on and on and on. From one extreme to the next and it has phases. There’s the newborn phase, toddler phase, mom of more than one young child phase, but now I feel I’ve entered into yet another new phase of motherhood. A more self sufficient phase, if you will.
I am thrilled to be sharing our new and improved master bedroom! It was a labor of love and my husband and I are pretty proud of how it turned out. It can be a challenge when it comes to decorating for both of our tastes. I lean more toward the bright, paint all the things white, style and my husband likes a darker, more rustic aesthetic. One thing we DO agree on though, is the farmhouse style. So we had to strike a balance between farmhouse chic and rustic country. Here’s how it turned out…Continue reading